Chef Unika Noiel shows us her love for the art of Infusion when it comes to Cannabis and food!
Across North America, men, women, and children come together to show appreciation for the hard working Mothers in their family.
Many moms face challenges from workplace discrimination to proper health care for their children and themselves. No matter what, Mothers are always working overtime to provide and ensure the best possible life for their kids.
From cooking, cleaning, teaching lessons of life and making sure you are on top of your multiplication skills, these mothers are the foundation of every Country.
Today we say ‘Thank You’ to Mom for her time and patience with us. For being their during the good and bad times, and for teaching us how to adapt to life’s changes.
Chef Unika Noiel of Seattle, Washington shares her love for French Toast to pay tribute to her Mother and Grandmother for all the hard work and sacrifices they made – which made her the woman she is today.
Chef Unika Noiel is well known for her cooking across the United States and being the Queen of Cannabis Infused Soul-food. Featured on Buzzfeed, Dope Magazine and cooking for the cast of Super Troopers 2, Chef Unika Noiel began creating her own recipes since 2009. Coming from a family of Soul Food Restaurateurs, her unique twists to traditional cooking makes her, a top chef in the industry.
Today Chef Unika Noiel shares a recipe that brings her family together on Mothers Day. Her infused sugar and red beet powder sugar frosting bring a richness of flavour to the French Toast. You can purchase the same Red Beet Powder from The Grainry in Vancouver BC.
Gives these a try with Mom today, and give thanks to your greatest teacher of all times! Happy Mothers Day
Cannabis Infused French Toast (Serves 2-3)
6 slices Brioche or Challah bread
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
1/2 teaspoon allspice (optional)
3 tablespoons cannabis infused powdered sugar* (separated)
2-3 tablespoons cannabis butter or coconut oil
Cannabis Powdered Sugar
Making powdered sugar is easy and requires three things:
A blender or food processor
1 Tsp of Red Beet powder
1 cup cannabis infused (or other small grain) sugar*
1 tablespoon corn starch
1. Blend sugar and cornstarch together at a high speed until you have powdered sugar.
2. Sprinkle the world with cannabis sugar.
1. Combine eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, cinnamon and other spices (if using), and one tablespoon cannabis infused powdered sugar together in a medium bowl.
2. Melt one tablespoon butter in a medium skillet/pan over medium-high heat.
3. Place bread slices, one at a time into egg mixture.
(Tip: The drier your bread, the more egg mixture it’ll soak up.)
4. Turn to coat.
(Tip #2: The longer you leave the bread in the mixture, the more it will soak up. If you prefer a more custardy, soaked french toast, you may wish to double the egg mixture ingredients). (I prefer a less eggy toast).
5. Carefully place bread pieces into skillet and cook until browned on each side and cooked through, roughly 2-3 minutes per side.
6. Continue until all pieces of bread have been cooked.
7. Sprinkle remaining powdered sugar over french toast and serve with your favorite toppings! How about more cannabis butter and some maple syrup, or fresh fruit?